Johnson Pottery Buildings
Grade II listed site. Two free standing updraught bottle kiln ovens for flint calcining built late C19th adjacent to the Caldon Canal.
The Johnson Brothers had three factories along Eastwood Road, meeting the Caldon Canal; the Imperial, Hanley and Trent works. All have now been largely demolished with the notable exception of two bottle ovens on the former Trent works site. Johnson Brothers operated from 1883 until 2003 when production was moved to China. The company is now part of the Wedgwood group.