Grade II listed site. Burgess Dorling & Leigh. Established in 1851. Situated on the Trent & Mersey Canal. Brick and terracotta with plain tiled roofs. Printing shops, offices and showrooms.
It was built as a new complex for an established company and was seen as a model factory with a logical production plan. This pottery celebrates being 'England's last working Victorian pottery.' Rosemary and William Dorling took over the ailing company of Dorling & Leigh in 1999 to continue running production true to Victorian techniques using underglaze transfer printing. Retains its original steam engine - in use until the latter end of the C20th. Cobbled courtyards, slip house with dryer with other C19th machinery. 1920s Savoy Hotel ware.